In life we need friends to progress, to be strong, to be great, to achieve our life dreams. we need friends to help us reach our full potentials and encourage us in achieving our destiny dreams. we need them to reach so high and keep going till we reach to our destination.
Friendship require maintenance, you have to "Feed" your friend,"Pet" them, "Clean" them up and "Doctor" them. If you don't, they'll "Die"
In fact, friendship are a lot like money: They're easier made than kept. If you've ever had a friend who just drifted away, you know that. If you you've ever watched a relationship fizzle, you've learnt this the hard way.
All of us, at one time or another, experience difficulties in our friendship.
And these days, with the average American family to a new home every five years, things aren't getting any easier on the friendship front.
Over the last few weeks, i can't count how many have told me that friendship have made their lives rich. yet many lament the fact that they wish those friendship were better.
So How Do We Keep Our Friendships Growing?
How Can We Be A Better Friend?
Perhaps, you along with others reading Promarketingbrand Article, could benefit from the following Secrets of great Friendship.
7 Ultimate Secrets To Great Friendship
1. Accept Others: Accept people at home, church, college and working places, on the way accept people.
2. Listen Up: No matter who we are, we all are working for a listening ear. A friend of mine who was voted most popular girl in the Oke-ogun polytechnic Saki Tops, once told me the secret to her popularity. Simply this: "I listen" from an early age her father had taught her that "everyone on earth is at least just a little bit lonely".
There is no better friendship booster than the ability to listen. The ability to show genuine interest in others is an admirable quality of a true friend.
3. Keep Secrets: Nothing destroys friendship than the arrow of gossip. many people live by the rule, " If you haven't gotten anything nice to say about nobody come sit next to me. But when you gossip you violate God commandment".
"Gossip betrays confidence, so avoid a man who talks too much".Real friends speak well of you behind your back. They are known as people who won't receive gossip, nor will they pass it on.
A closed mouth gathers no foul, Good friends aren't just there to listen to our secrets; they keep them.
4. Sharpen Up: As the word of God tells us that we are to sharpen each other. "as iron sharpens iron"
Years ago a good friend of mine took me out for a drink one evening. "Tochukwu", he said as we discussed together, "its not fun for me to tell you this, but since we talked the other night I've felt i need to confront you about something". I sat my fork down and listened up. "Sometime you have a real problem with gossip. And it's not helping anyone". Hearing this i was offended, but i didn't show it.
But the more i thought about it the more i realise that he was right. Today i consider him to be one of my best friend.
"Words from a friend can be trusted" because our best friend stab us in front. it's true. Those who provoke change in us do so because they care enough to tell us the principal truth about ourselves and mix it with a generous dose of love.
5. Practise Forgiveness: It is impossible for me to overstate the importance of forgiveness in friendship. whether we are the one who hurts or the one who did the hurting, good friends humble themselves enough to admit when they are wrong.
And good friends forgive. In fact, the gifts of forgiveness is often the best gift we can offer a friend.
6. Focus Upward: There's an old Turkish proverbs that goes like this: "He who seeks a faultless friend is friendless". How true. Friend fail us, don;t they? people disappoint.
And when we expect too much from our earthly friendships, we damage them.
Ironically, those who seek joy only in human friendship will end up lonely. The true joy of our lives will come from the most important relationship of all: our relationship with God in loving Him, we learn to love our earthly friends better.
7. Be Available And Be There: Availability is the first step to a successful and a great friendship. There's nothing like sickness or bankruptcy to help us remember who our real friends are.
Like house plants, friendship grows slowly over time and require constant watering. " Friendship that last a life time require nurturing, kindness, and a listening ear. Those who make such an investment find that it pays off all through the years.
I have found that life is richer, the horizon is brighter, and the road to our life dream is shorter when travel with a few good friends. Great Friendship Pays.